Producing Task 1: Apple iBooks
16:21


As part of the brief we need to make a consumable product out of Task 1. Besides the blog post which was where I compiled all of the necessary information to complete this, I have created all of my work in to an electronic and interactive book.

I created the book using the iBooks Author software. This would allow me to create this in a format so iPod touch's, iPhones and iPads could consume the book. I created it to be best consumed on an iPad and this is what I shall showcase my product on.

Below is the video of me demonstrating the application in the 'iBooks Author' software.




Above is a screenshot of my final, completed product in its editing platform; iBooks Author.

The process of exporting the iBook was simple:


I was then able to export the iBook to my device for testing.

I selected my iPad from the option tray.
I waited a while until the iBook was exported to my device. About a minute.
The iBook was exported to my iBook App on my iPad. It is ready for reading.

Now to check my iPad.
The document is being synced to my iPad.
The display is updating on my iPad.

There's a tag saying 'Proof' because I have synced the book directly from my computer. This would appear as a regular book if I was to add this to the iTunes book store, because this is my coursework I thought it would be best not to offer this as a public download.


The table of contents is basically what the screenshots above this are. The glossary is explained later.

The iBook allows the user to add notes, the top left circled item is a search facility for the entire iBook, allowing the user to search for a word or phrase in the iBook. The second larger circle is where highlights and notes would appear the user has added.

The circled area is a search facility, allowing the user to search for a word in the glossary. The other arrows explain the order of how the glossary works.

In the pink you can see an interactive picture, focusing the user on the ITV Player app. In the blue you can see an interactive gallery, allowing the user to pinch and zoom to go full screen and swipe to the left and right to move images, or by tapping on the thumbnails.


No comments:

Post a Comment