Blobz - The Motion Picture
18:05

Here's the video I made for the week project. I created seven simple 'blobs' and a giant 'blob' and these 'blobs' were the characters of my animation. I created the title using Adobe Photoshop CS5 and pieced everything together using Pinnacle Studio 12. For some reason Pinnacle doesn't feel like importing the title image, so here it is below.


gary-spencer
Overall I am pleased with the motion picture. If I could do this again then I would like to get the title in the front of the video but most importantly I would like to try and gain a correct speed which would involve taking a lot more pictures (frames) and also making the motion longer as this motion seems to be very short. I was able to take all of the pictures in around 20 minutes and this consisted of around 120 pictures. If I could get to around 400 shots then this would take me and the group for our ident around 90 minutes. What I was pleased with in this production was the experimentation of camera angles. I wanted to try and get the camera to have a bit of motion as this engages a viewer more than a single shot, if a viewer can relate to an animation. Another issue in this production was that the plasticine colour seemed to stay on my hand in the creation process so many of the colours may overlap such as the white plasticine around the eyes had a bit of black and green plasticine mixed i with it, as for the next production I will be working in a group we could perhaps all take on seperate roles in the creation process to prevent this from occuring again or washing our hands after different types of plasticine, however, the latter may be time consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment