Ident Evaluation
09:58

As you can see by the post below I have now finished my ident production. I really enjoyed working on this unit and I felt I had a great group that allowed everyone in the group to make progress effectively and quickly.

Overall I am quite pleased with the finished production that I have created, I like how I have superimposed the morph character in the same shot as the penguins falling off their chairs as my original plan for this was to use intercutting to get this shot.

To put the entire ident project together I used Power Director 9, to create the ending title scene on the blue background I used Adobe Photoshop CS5 and used 98 images to create that. The sound track is accredited to the BBC for their 'Morph' series and with thanks to YouTube for providing the track.

To improve on this project I believe we could have taken more shots to make for a clearer transition between shots and then this could have been sped up but I feel the timing of the ident was great, because the title credits were so flexible this could be sped up to make the ident 10 seconds long or as it is now is a few milliseconds off from being exactly 15 seconds. The groups aim was to each create a seperately edited ident aiming for this time and I feel that we all managed to make our idents flexible enough to maintain this time zone so if a channel needed to set a different time for their idents then the idents would be simple enough to get the exact timing that the broadcaster would need.

I feel the quality of my ident is good, I managed to create the end titles in 1080p in Photoshop, the images of the penguins and morph were taken in 8 megapixels and the entire project was exported in AVCHD format 1080p.

I think that our ident suits the target audience as we have kept the ident really clean, simple and to the point by not overcrowding sets, adding extravagant amounts of detail and keeping the camera steady in taking shots. We also used bright colours such as the background as well as the titles being white upon a blue background. Wealso kept in mind the needs required for such a diverse establishment, we feel that the title of our ident is what makes the ident. It is very visible, bright, bold and stands out.

The ident is very brandable as it is not aimed at any particular season, style, colour variant or genre of media. The ident could be used at the end of a performance, before title credits, at the end of showcased work or before a motion film picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment